Do you love to develop iOS apps? Challenge yourself at Insteon and build great Home Automation (IoT) apps that enable people around the globe to control their homes, all from the palm of their hand. We’re looking for smart, user-focused developers to join our team and help push the boundaries of iOS while putting their mark on cutting edge apps. Our product line includes support for multiple ecosystems, including Apple HomeKit (both iOS apps and HomeKit-enabled Hub), Apple Watch and Amazon Echo.
Insteon has an opening for a .Net web services developer to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment enhancing our IoT platform for the Connected Home. We are looking for a highly motivated team member with extensive experience in .NET WCF/API web services in C#. This is a hands-on development position where you will be developing on the Microsoft IIS / SQL Server platform and public cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Development and support of C# code for WCF, restful API endpoints.
• Design and document new application features.
• Provide support for 3rd party developers that use Insteon APIs.
• Gather requirements, perform solution design, create technical design documentation.
• Develop and maintain test scripts.
• Manage Bitbucket repositories.
• Responsible for agile development using JIRA collaborative tools.
• 4-8 years of experience with .Net application development, with a focus on highly-available, RESTful web services
• Strong understanding of entity framework
• Proven experience with public cloud platforms including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Excellent troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in team environment
• Must understand and be able to implement structured programming best practices and produce well documented code
• Experience in all phases of Software application lifecycle
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of home automation and Insteon technology is a plus, but not required
• Strong understanding of JIRA collaborative tools.
• Familiarity with Bitbucket/git source code control
• Familiar with Python scripting
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
• Health Insurance
• Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays/Floating Holidays
• Online Benefits Management
• Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
• Significant employee discounts and free Insteon products
• FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
• Vision Plan
• Dental Plan
To Apply for this Position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• Please use the subject line: .Net Developer - [First Name] [Last Name]
• Please submit your resume in PDF or Word formats only
• Please include your availability days/times for interview and when you could start work
• Please include your salary history for last two jobs and your expected salary requirement
Insteon is an equal opportunity employer.
Insteon is seeking an innovative designer with strong, contemporary, and exceptional design skills with an emphasis on UI and UX. Our ideal candidate would be a compulsive problem-solver with excellent visualization, collaboration, and communication skills with intimate knowledge of industry-standard design tools.