Insteon has an opening for an iOS Developer to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We are looking for a highly motivated team member with extensive experience in iOS development. This is a hands-on development position where you will be developing and maintaining iOS applications.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain iOS applications written in Objective-C.
- Work closely with product and design teams to create a great user experience.
- Own the end-to-end iOS application development process – from concept to App Store submittal.
- Maintain and manage source control repositories (Git).
- Responsible for agile development using Atlassian collaborative tools.
- Design and document new application features.
- College graduate or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with iOS application development in Objective-C
- Strong understanding of iOS app distribution (both enterprise and through the App Store)
- Excellent debugging skills using LLDB, Xcode, and Instruments
- Familiarity with RESTful API consumption
- Knowledge of Grand Central Dispatch and related technologies
- Basic understanding of binary operations (OR, XOR, NOT)
- Familiarity with numeric base conversion (e.g. decimal to hexadecimal)
- Excellent troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must understand and be able to implement structured programming best practices and produce well documented code
- Experience in all phases of Software application lifecycle
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with CocoaPods
- Familiarity with Apple HomeKit
- Experience developing for Apple Watch
- Knowledge of home automation and Insteon technology
- Knowledge of an interpreted language such as Ruby or Python
- Strong understanding of Atlassian collaborative tools.
- Knowledge of Git/Bitbucket/SourceTree
- Agile framework – Scrum/Kanban
For permanent staff:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays
- Online Benefits Management
- Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
- Significant employee discounts
- FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
To apply for this position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line: "iOS Developer"
- Convert your resume into MS WORD or PDF format ONLY
- Availability day/times for interview and when you could start work
- Salary history for last 2 jobs and your expected salary requirement
- Include any work to be considered or a link to your portfolio site
Insteon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters or out of area candidates, please do not respond
No phone calls please