Do you love to develop iOS apps? Challenge yourself at Insteon and build great Home Automation (IoT) apps that enable people around the globe to control their homes, all from the palm of their hand. We’re looking for smart, user-focused developers to join our team and help push the boundaries of iOS while putting their mark on cutting edge apps. Our product line includes support for multiple ecosystems, including Apple HomeKit (both iOS apps and HomeKit-enabled Hub), Apple Watch and Amazon Echo.
- Develop software for the iOS platform (iOS 9+) that will enable users to remotely control their homes.
- Understand user requirements that will allow our app to meet real world scenarios.
- Solve complex problems with overall design, development and user experience. Work with stakeholders, managers and other developers to gather and refine requirements.
- Be a team player and document your work.
- Take part in the overall architecture and design with iPhone, iPad and Watch platforms.
- Help us grow our iOS development expertise by being an Apple advocate at Insteon and by attending conferences.
- 3+ years of active professional Objective C development.
- 1+ year developing with Swift.
- Solid experience with XCode – AppCode is a plus!
- Demonstrated experience with OO design and data structures.
- Familiarity with adaptive layouts
- Ability to deep dive into code to isolate performance bottlenecks.
- Excellent debugging skills using XCode, LLDB and instruments.
- Being a version control ninja with GIT/BitBucket – SourceTree a huge plus.
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum/KanBan)
- Strong understanding of JIRA/Confluence.
- Must be able to fly solo and also be part of a focused purpose driven team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Mathematics –OR– plenty of wicked experience.
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS) and OAuth2
- Almost forgot, you have to love iOS!
- Previous AppStore Submissions
- Familiarity with Cocoa Pods
- Familiarity with Apple HomeKit and WatchKit
- Experience consuming Restful Web services using JSON
- Understanding of Home Automation and IoT technologies. (Experience with Insteon will get you a high five during the interview)
- Experience with interpreted languages like Ruby and Python
- Linuxy stuff like BASH, system calls, processes, etc.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays
- Online Benefits Management
- Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
- Significant employee discounts
- FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
To apply for this position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject line: "iOS Developer"
- Convert your resume into MS Word or PDF format ONLY
- Availability day/times for interview and when you could start work
- Salary history for last 2 jobs and your expected salary requirement
- Have an app in the App Store? Got Git Hub? Tell us, we would love to see your work!
Insteon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters or out of area candidates, please do not respond
No phone calls please