Insteon is seeking an innovative designer with strong, contemporary, and exceptional design skills with an emphasis on UI and UX. Our ideal candidate would be a compulsive problem-solver with excellent visualization, collaboration, and communication skills with intimate knowledge of industry-standard design tools.
The designer will be responsible for crafting simple and engaging designs and experiences between mobile apps, websites and other customer touch-points. Our team has a passion for high-tech products and we would expect the same passion of any applicants.
Our team is small, the responsibilities would be wide ranging and an ability to work collaboratively within a team is a must. We believe the exchange of ideas among the members of our small, nimble team is the fastest route to the best solutions. While teamwork is our standard, the right person should be comfortable working solo on projects and the ability to self-organize and prioritize is highly valued.
Things that will resonate with the right person for this job include:
- A passion for technology - but not for technology’s sake. To bridge the gap between a product and a product page, this candidate should care about the human aspect of a product; how will it improve or enrich their life again and again.
- A communicative personality. Everyone has a personality but the ability to express personality extra-personally is what matters here. Candidates will be producing content that represents the company at large and their ability to convey a story without reading as dry, fact-based or uninspired narration should not be underestimated.
- An interdisciplinary skill set. More than anything, the ability to work in multiple disciplines is paramount - the best candidate feels equally comfortable with photo editing, essay writing and video production. They should have the technical skill set to excel at all tasks and they should be able to change focus quickly, knowing that they may have to produce all assets for a given project.
- An “I don't know, let's find out” mindset - We don't expect you to have all the answers but we do expect you to be willing and able to learn. You should be able to proactively overcome an obstacle using the resources available and not twiddle your thumbs until someone comes to your rescue.
Design Software (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
Interactive Web Content (Nice to Have)
- Adobe Muse
- Tumult Hype
- Adobe Dreamweaver
Video and Animation (Impressive)
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Motion
- Apple Compressor
Renderings and 3D Models (Knock our Socks Off)
- Rhino 3D or other surface-modeling tool
For permanent staff:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays
- Online Benefits Management
- Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
- Significant employee discounts
- FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
To apply for this position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line: "Designer"
- Convert your resume into MS WORD or PDF format ONLY
- Availability day/times for interview and when you could start work
- Include any work to be considered or a link to your portfolio site
Insteon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters or out of area candidates, please do not respond
No phone calls please