Insteon has an opening for a .Net web services developer to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment enhancing our IoT platform for the Connected Home. We are looking for a highly motivated team member with extensive experience in .NET WCF/API web services in C#. This is a hands-on development position where you will be developing on the Microsoft IIS / SQL Server platform and public cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Development and support of C# code for WCF, restful API endpoints.
• Design and document new application features.
• Provide support for 3rd party developers that use Insteon APIs.
• Gather requirements, perform solution design, create technical design documentation.
• Develop and maintain test scripts.
• Manage Bitbucket repositories.
• Responsible for agile development using JIRA collaborative tools.
• 4-8 years of experience with .Net application development, with a focus on highly-available, RESTful web services
• Strong understanding of entity framework
• Proven experience with public cloud platforms including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Excellent troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in team environment
• Must understand and be able to implement structured programming best practices and produce well documented code
• Experience in all phases of Software application lifecycle
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of home automation and Insteon technology is a plus, but not required
• Strong understanding of JIRA collaborative tools.
• Familiarity with Bitbucket/git source code control
• Familiar with Python scripting
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
• Health Insurance
• Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays/Floating Holidays
• Online Benefits Management
• Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
• Significant employee discounts and free Insteon products
• FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
• Vision Plan
• Dental Plan
To Apply for this Position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• Please use the subject line: .Net Developer - [First Name] [Last Name]
• Please submit your resume in PDF or Word formats only
• Please include your availability days/times for interview and when you could start work
• Please include your salary history for last two jobs and your expected salary requirement
Insteon is an equal opportunity employer.