After adding your leak sensor to the Insteon for Hub app, you may occasional encounter a situation where you do not receive alerts. There are several reasons why this might occur.
- Alerts are not enabled in the Insteon for Hub app
- Your leak sensor is out of range
- Your leak sensor battery is dead
- Leak sensor has malfunctioned
To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following:
Confirm Leak Sensor and Hub are Communicating
Without moving the leak sensor from its current location, tap the set button on the device.
If the leak sensor blinks at all, you should have received an alert.
- If no alert was received, confirm alerts are enabled for the leak sensor. See how to do this at the end of this article.
- If you still did not receive and alert, move the leak sensor closer to the hub and try again. If the alert is received, the sensor is functional but out of range from the hub. A repeater is necessary.
- If you still did not receive an alert, replace the battery in the leak sensor. If you still do not receive an alert, the leak sensor has failed and must be replaced.
If the leak sensor blinks once, pauses then blinks multiple times:
- Leak sensor is functional but is unable to communicate to a linked device (hub or other receiver). Remove the leak sensor from the app, factory reset the leak sensor, then add to the app once again.
- If you are not able to re-add the leak sensor to the app, move the sensor closer to the hub and try again. If adding to the hub succeeds, your leak sensor was out of range at its installed location and a repeater is necessary.
- If you are still not able to add the leak sensor, the unit has failed and must be replaced.
If the leak sensor doesn’t blink:
- Replace the battery and try again.
- If the leak sensor still doesn’t blink, the device has failed and must be replaced.
Confirm Alerts are Enabled for iOS
- In the Insteon App, navigate to Settings
- Tap Devices
- Tap the desired device
- Tap Alerts
- Ensure that the switch for the desired alert is enabled then tap Message & Recipients
- Ensure that the switch for Push Notification is enabled