When configuring an Insteon Wi-Fi Camera, you may encounter an alert informing you that the Insteon app was unable to update or read you camera's Wi-Fi or network settings. There are several reasons why this may occur.
- Your camera may have become unplugged from ethernet or power
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch has been disconnected from your home's Wi-Fi network
- Your home's internet router is not functioning properly.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi Camera is connected to a working power outlet and that the ethernet cable is firmly seated. It may be helpful to unplug and reinsert the ethernet cable.
- Confirm that your internet router is connected to power and turned on. Learn how to Identify your router and cable or DSL modem.
- Ensure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to Wi-Fi. For setup to complete, your smartphone or tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which your Wi-Fi camera is physically connected.
- Try restarting your router.
If the Insteon app is unable to update your camera's Wi-Fi settings, you can elect to use ethernet instead of Wi-Fi. You can then use manually configure Wi-Fi settings using the camera's web interface. Once your camera is connected to your network using Wi-Fi, re-add the camera as an already-configured camera.