When configuring an Insteon Wi-Fi Camera, you may occasionally encounter a message informing you that something went wrong while configuring your camera and to ensure that the ethernet cable is connected. There are several reasons why this may occur.
- Your Wi-Fi connection is offline
- Your Wi-Fi Camera was unplugged from ethernet or power
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi Camera is connected to a working power outlet and that the ethernet cable is firmly seated, even if you intend to use your camera with WI-Fi. It may be helpful to unplug and reinsert the ethernet cable.
- Try restarting your Insteon Wi-Fi Camera by unplugging its power cord. Wait about 30 seconds and then reconnect your camera to power.
- Ensure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi Network as your Insteon Wi-Fi Camera.
- Confirm that your internet router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power and turned on. Learn how to identify your router and cable or DSL modem.
- Check that your Wi-Fi router is working by attempting to browse a website using another device or computer in your home.
- Try restarting your router and cable or DSL modem.