3 March 2017
This release contains various bug fixes.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue preventing the user from adding devices by ID
- Fixed an issue preventing the user from adding Nest thermostats
- Fixed an issue preventing dimmable devices from being set to 100% brightness using the main control view slider control
- Fixed an issue with keypad dimmers that would cause no ON command to be sent from the main control view ON button if the device brightness level was set to any value other than OFF/0%
16 February 2017
This release contains various bug fixes.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where controlling an I/O Linc via quick paddle may trigger other devices
- Fixed an issue with dimming devices in the main control page via up and down arrows
26 January 2017
This release fixes an issue with connecting to the hub while on a cellular network. We've also added support for the recently announced Motion Sensor II - now available for pre-order - learn more at www.insteon.com/motion. Known issue in this release is the inability to add a device by ID. We are working fast to resolve that issue. Contact customer service if you must add by ID 866-243-8022. Thank you for your patience.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where app connecting to hub would fail when on cellular connection
- Support added for the new Motion Sensor II – learn more at www.insteon.com/motion
- Fixed a bug with Motion Sensor where you are unable to save if device options are disabled
- Fixed a bug where device properties for sensors were displaying invalid information when added to the app from an Android device
- Minor bug fixes addressing errors in adding new devices, UI fixes in scene membership page, and geolocation error causing a crash in Android
- Hub QR code scanning during setup now turns on the phone’s flash to help read the code in low light
- Fixed a bug that would cause a failure when attempting to delete a thermostat, ceiling fan controller, open/close sensor, and I/OLinc
- Known issues that we are actively working to resolve:
- Ability to add by ID is temporarily broken. Recommend using an Android device or contact customer service to assist if you must add by ID 866-243-8022
- When controlling the IOLinc from the quick paddle, it will activate a different scene. Work-around the issue by using the full control view (accessible by tapping the +)
- When dimming or brightening using the up and down arrows the responding device may continue to dim/bright after you've tapped or released the button. Work-around the issue by using the slider control or press and hold the top/bottom of the control paddle.
26 October 2016
This version of the Insteon app adds support for a new product: Insteon Siren. Creating a home alert system just got easier - add a loud siren or subtle chime alert sound when a sensor or other controller is activated. Set arm and disarm of alerts from within the app or from any Insteon Keypad, Mini Remote or other controller. For more info visit www.insteon.com/siren
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from detecting the latest firmware when manually checking for an update.
- Fixed an issue where special characters in the House Name prevented the app from saving location setting.
- Now saving Longitude and Latitude when a user updates their Location.
- Dropped support for iOS 8
15 August 2016
This version of the Insteon app primarily contains bug fixes and usability improvements. If the Insteon app unexpectedly quits upon launch after updating, try restarting your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where ramp rates and on levels were not properly updated when modified in an existing scene
- Fixed an issue where dimmable devices set to any brightness other than completely off or completely on would report an unknown brightness
- Fixed an issue where a device name would not update if edited by tapping Edit This when viewing the device's controls
- Improved the process of removing a Mini Remote from a scene
- Fixed an issue where keypad buttons were incorrectly displayed when viewing a scene
- Fixed an issue when dealing with conflicts when a schedule is set to turn on and off at the same time
- Improved the experience when resolving scheduling conflicts
- Fixed an alignment issue when viewing alerts on an iPad
- Fixed text formatting for long device, room and scene names in the grid view
- Fixed an issue that would prevent schedules from running on Insteon Hub (2242-222)
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Insteon app to unexpectedly quit when:
- Saving Mini Remote configuration information
- Viewing SD Camera video
- Creating a scene
This version of the Insteon app primarily contains bug fixes and minor improvements. This version was released on 7 June 2016.
- Fixed an issue that might cause the Insteon app to unexpectedly quit when:
- Displaying a schedule conflict
- Manipulating the Device Options switch
- Tapping Update Hub from Settings on iPad
- Adding an HD Camera to a room
- Fixed an issue where device, room and scene names would wrap mid-word rather than at logical spaces
- Fixed an issue where Mini Remotes would unintentionally be included as scene constituents when tapping Select All during scene creation
- Fixed an issue where Insteon Hub might incorrectly re-add an Insteon device that had been unintentionally factory reset
- Fixed an issue where clearing a Wi-Fi Camera's IP address would clear all four octets but only allow entry for the last octet
- Fixed an issue where text was obscured when editing a Wi-Fi Camera's port and IP address on an iPad
- Addressed an issue that might cause certain device types to remove improperly when deleting the device from the Insteon app
This version of the Insteon app adds support for controlling up to four Sonos speakers. Configure your Insteon Keypads, Mini Remotes, Sensors and more to adjust volume, change tracks, play and pause and switch favorites. Sonos support requires Insteon Hub (2245-222) and is not compatible with Insteon Hub (2242).
- Add Sonos speakers to Insteon scenes
- Learn up to ten presets shared among your Sonos speakers
- Schedule scenes that Include Sonos speakers and wake up to subtle light with gentle music
- Control basic Sonos speaker functions from the Insteon app including transport controls and presets
Adding Insteon Wi-Fi Cameras has never been easier thanks to our brand-new, reimagined camera add process. And if you have an Insteon HD Wi-Fi Camera, you can now access it away from home without having to configure port forwarding thanks to Automatic Remote Access. We've also made it possible to add already-configured cameras and cameras that are not on your local network. This release also includes numerous bug fixes.
- Brand-new "add a camera" wizard makes setup of an Insteon Wi-Fi Camera easier than ever!
- Automatic Remote Access for supported Insteon HD Wi-Fi Cameras (Enable in Camera Settings for existing HD Wi-Fi Cameras)
- Fixed an issue where the password field was obscured by the keyboard in iOS 9 when using an iPad Air
- Fixed an issue where editing a camera was prevented shortly after being added
- Fixed an issue where adding an already-configured camera would change the camera's broadcast name
- Fixed an issue where adding a remote camera using a local IP address could cause the Insteon app to unexpectedly quit
- Fixed an issue where the list of camera Wi-Fi networks would fail to appear if you moved through setup quickly
- Fixed an issue where camera video would not display after adding a camera
- Fixed an issue where automatic remote access was disabled after adding a camera using Wi-Fi
- Fixed an issue where adding a camera with the default user name and password would result in the use of incorrect WI-Fi encryption type
- Fixed an issue where links to the online remote access guide were broken
- Fixed an issue where Insteon devices might fail to respond or respond with a failure message during the add process
- Fixed an issue that prevented including Insteon devices with an ID that began 25.3 in a scene
- Fixed an issue that prevented camera audio settings from persisting
This update primarily contains bug fixes and minor improvements to scene creation. This update was released on 23 September 2015.
- Resolved an issue that might cause errant ramp rate commands to be sent to a device that doesn't support ramp rate while creating a scene
- Fixed several issues with Smoke Sensor regarding the display of Low Battery
- Improved scene creation and modification reliability by adjusting Insteon message timing
- Other minor bug fixes
This version of Insteon for Hub replaces the sign-in, account creation and Hub setup process in favor of a more seamless experience. This update was released 16 June 2015.
- Improved account creation and sign-in experience
- You can now setup Insteon Hub (2245-222) without being on the same WiFi network
- Properly support iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ screen resolutions
- Resolved several account creation and sign-in issues
- Minor UI improvements to WiFi Camera setup
- Minor UI improvements to varios in-app web views
- Fixed an issue that afforded incorrect entry of an email address at account creation
- Apple Watch connectivity and control improvements
- Device and scene control with Apple Watch should now be more reliable
- Fix for issue preventing Mini Remotes from being properly added
- Fix for artifacts after viewing a camera
- Minor UI fixes
- Ended support for iOS 6
This version of Insteon for Hub adds support for Apple Watch and contains bug fixes and stability improvements. Now, with Apple Watch and your Insteon Hub, you can quickly activate scenes, control lights, appliances, ceiling fans and more, monitor sensors and even see video from your WiFi cameras - all on your wrist!
As part of our support for Push Notifications, this version discontinues support for SMS alerts. We endeavor to keep our promise of no monthly fees; switching to Push Notifications will provide you with a better alert experience and help keep the services we provide free of charge. For instructions on how to forward email alerts to SMS, read this article.
- Support for Apple Watch
- Push notifications have replaced SMS/Text Message alerts
- Resolved an issue that prevented login from failing if the password field was blank
- Resolved an issue where the incorrect firmware, Bin and PLM version was displayed
- Resolved an issue that prevented using multiple email addresses in the email alerts field
- Resolved an issue that did not properly account for a Nest Thermostat being offline
- Resolved an issue that resulted in incomplete unlinking with IO Module and Hub (2014)
- Improved the process for removing a device when a device is not responding
- Resolved an issue that prevented adding by Insteon ID with Insteon Thermostat
- Various stability improvements
- Fixes an issue that prevented Hub (2012) users from controlling X10 devices which was inadvertently introduced with the added Insteon Mini Remote support
- Fixes an issue that might cause the application to unexpectedly quit while adding a device
- Support for Mini Remote products
- You can now assign a previously created scene to the buttons of a Mini Remote
- Support for Mini Remote (Wireless Switch)
- Support for Mini Remote (4-Scene)
- Support for Mini Remote (8-Scene)
- Support for push notifications
- Push notification support has been added. To configure push notifications, navigate to a device's settings and tap Alerts. Tap the switch to enable push notifications. If you have previously disallowed Insteon for Hub access to notifications, you will need to enable notifications for Insteon for Hub under your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch's Settings > Notifications > Insteon.
- Resolved an issue that might cause the application to unexpectedly quit
- Improved the speed of connecting to cameras
- Resolved an issue that might result in incorrect status reporting for IO Modules when used with Hub (2014)
- Resolved an issue that might result in an inability to read current camera settings
- Resolved an issue that resulted in intermittent camera connectivity
- Improved connectivity to Hub (2014) on various network types
- Corrected several incorrect product documentation links
- Updated instructions for removing a sensor
- Improved instructions for adding "Other" Insteon devices
- Resolved an issue that might cause existing devices to appear in a newly-created room
- Proper support for Add by ID with Wired Thermostat
- Resolved an issue that changed Motion Sensor properties after renaming the sensor