When signing into the Insteon app, you may occasionally encounter an alert informing you that the app was unable to establish a connection to the Insteon Hub. There are several reasons why this may occur.
- Your home's internet connection is offline
- Your home's internet router or modem is not functioning properly
- Insteon Hub may have become unplugged from ethernet or power
- Ensure that your Insteon Hub is connected to a working power outlet and that the ethernet cable is firmly seated. It may be helpful to unplug and reinsert the ethernet cable. If your Hub shows a solid red status LED, your Hub is unable to connect to the internet.
- Confirm that your internet router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power and turned on. Learn how to Identify your router and cable or DSL modem.
- Check that your internet connection is working by attempting to browse to a website using another device or computer in your home.
- Try restarting your Insteon Hub by unplugging its power cord. Wait about 30 seconds and then reconnect your Hub to power.
- Try restarting your router and cable or DSL modem.
If none of the above steps resolved your issue, follow the steps outlined in this article to perform a network reset.
If you are still unable to connect to your Insteon Hub after following the above steps, contact Insteon Support (866-243-8022) and reference this article.