After configuring push notifications in the Insteon app, you may occasional encounter a situation where you do not receive alerts. There are several reasons why this might occur.
- Push notifications for the Insteon app are disabled
- Alerts for the desired device are disabled
- The Insteon app may need to be restarted
Push notifications on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch
- You will not receive push notifications on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while using the Insteon app.
- You will only receive notifications on Apple Watch when your iPhone's display is locked.
Ensure Push Notifications are Enabled
With iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, the Insteon app needs approval to send push notifications. If this approval has been revoked, Insteon will be unable to notify you of device updates via push notifications.
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Scroll down in the list and tap Insteon
3. Tap Notifications
4. Ensure that the Allow Notifications switch is on
Enable Alerts for the Desired Device
If you wish to receive alerts from an Insteon device, that device must be configured to send alerts. Different devices can send alerts for different events including on, off, open, closed, wet and dry.
1. In the Insteon App, navigate to Settings
2. Tap Devices
3. Tap the desired device
4. Tap Alerts
5. Ensure that the switch for the desired alert is enabled then tap Message & Recipients
6. Ensure that the switch for Push Notification is enabled
Quit and Relaunch the Insteon App
If your alerts are configured correctly and you are not receiving them, try quitting and relaunching the Insteon app.
1. With the Insteon app open, double-tap the Home button
2. Swipe up to quit the Insteon app. Relaunch the Insteon app.
Force Quit the Insteon App
If quitting the Insteon app does not resolve issues with receiving alerts, try force quitting the Insteon app.
1. With the Insteon app open, press and hold the power button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
2. Release the power button and press and hold the Home button until the Insteon app disappears. Relaunch the Insteon app.
If, even after following all of the above-listed steps, you are still not receiving alerts from devices, try the following.
- Remove the affected Insteon device and re-add it to the Insteon app. Ensure that alerts are configured after re-adding the device.
- Remove and reinstall the Insteon app from your mobile device