While adding Insteon devices using Insteon+, you may encounter an alert informing you that Insteon+ was unable to establish a connection with your new Insteon device. There are several reasons why this might occur.
- Your new Insteon device is too far from another Insteon device to reliably receive an Insteon signal
- The incorrect Insteon ID was entered
- Multiple Insteon devices were placed in linking mode simultaneously
- Try restarting the Add process by tapping cancel. Wait about 30 seconds and then attempt to add your new Insteon device again.
- If you are adding a plug-in device, try repositioning it or move it closer to Insteon Hub.
- If you are adding a hard-wired Insteon device that cannot be relocated, try temporarily relocating your Insteon Hub. You can also try adding a Range Extender or additional Insteon Plug-In devices between your new Insteon device and your Insteon Hub to extend the reach of your Insteon signal.
- When entering the Insteon ID, it is possible to misread some letters. As Insteon IDs use hexadecimal numbering, only the numbers 0-9 and letters A, B, C, D, E and F are found in the Insteon ID. There is no need to enter the separating period or colon. Learn more about locating your device's Insteon ID.
- Not all Insteon devices are currently supported by Insteon+. Sensors, WiFi Cameras and more are not compatible with Insteon+. Learn more about unsupported Insteon devices.