When adding devices to Insteon+, you may occasional encounter a situation where your new device does not appear in the Searching for Devices screen. There are several reasons why this might occur.
For Insteon devices
- Use the Add Insteon button to add your Insteon devices
- If you've entered the Insteon ID and nothing happens:
- Your Insteon Hub Pro may have stopped looking for new Insteon devices. Try cancelling and try again. If that doesn't work, try adding an Insteon device with the Set button.
- Your Insteon device may be out of range of your Insteon network. Try the following:
- Reposition the Insteon Hub. Moving it higher might help increase range.
- Avoid plugging the Insteon Hub into a power strip.
- Add additional Insteon devices. With every new Insteon device, the system increases in reliability. If you have additional Insteon devices and have yet to plug or wire them in, do so before adding your first device.
For HomeKit devices
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is not connected to WiFi
- Your new HomeKit device is not powered on or connected to WiFi or ethernet
- Your new HomeKit device may be out of range of your WiFi router
- Your new HomeKit device may be already paired to a different AppleID
If the device you're expecting isn't found when Searching for Devices, try the troubleshooting steps below.
Basic Troubleshooting for Insteon Devices
- Try repositioning your new Insteon device or moving it closer to Hub Pro.
- Make sure you are fully depressing the set button on your new Insteon device. Most Insteon devices will beep and their status LED will blink green when ready to link. Learn more about locating your device's set button.
- Try adding using the Insteon ID by tapping the Add by Insteon ID button. Learn more about locating your device's Insteon ID.
- Try restarting the Add process by tapping Cancel. Wait about 30 seconds and then attempt to add your new Insteon device again.
Basic Troubleshooting for HomeKit Devices
- Ensure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is connected to the same WiFi network as your new HomeKit device.
- Ensure that your HomeKit device is connected to a working power outlet and that it is connected to WiFi.
- If your new HomeKit device has already been paired to a different AppleID, follow your manufacture's instructions to reset its pairings.
- Confirm that your internet router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power and turned on. Learn how to Identify your router and cable or DSL modem.
- Check that your internet connection is working by attempting to browse to a website using another device or computer in your home.
- Try restarting your HomeKit device by disconnecting it from power. Wait about 30 seconds and then reconnect to power.
- Try restarting your router and cable or DSL modem.
- If you continue having connectivity problems, consult the manufacturer of your HomeKit device.