This version of the Insteon Hub firmware makes efficiency improvements outlined below. This update is being released on May 18, 2017 and automatically installed although it may take a few days to propagate. This is part two of a two-part release to improve the overall speed of the Insteon ecosystem.
- Added the Smarthops feature to all direct messages. (Smarthops is a method of determining how many Insteon hops are needed to reach a device and then using that number for future communications. This optimizes signaling which results in faster responses to and from the hub. Previously Smarthops were only being done for group messages (scenes). We expect to see an average of 50ms to 200ms reduction in response time.)
- Hub 2 now only sends 1 message (rather than constantly repeating a message) if a device had previously failed. This is particularly helpful where a device has been unplugged but not deleted from the app for whatever reason (off-season holiday lighting, testing devices, retiring an older device, etc.). If you have such a device, we recommend reinstalling it temporarily to remove it from the app. For those with such a device, the hub goes from taking 5 seconds attempting to reach the unplugged device to 200m. Example: For devices that were added over a year ago, the Hub would send as many as 45 messages even if the device was unplugged. Now, the Hub will only try once if it has determined the device is unplugged.
- Timing between the Hub and the Insteon network has been optimized so that the Hub no longer has to use timeout delays resulting in a time savings and speeding up of the network.
This update has been a few months in the making and is part of a larger effort to improve all aspects of our hub ecosystem.
PLM Version A2
This version of the Insteon Hub PLM firmware makes efficiency improvements to the way the hub sends Insteon direct commands. The result is faster response times when using the Insteon app or third-party integrations. This update was released on May 3, 2017 and automatically installed. This is part one of a two-part release to improve the overall speed of the Insteon ecosystem. The second part will be released in the next week or two and will be Hub Version 1012.
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware includes several minor bug fixes and stability improvements. This update was released on March 7, 2017 and automatically installed.
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware fixes several minor bugs and adds foundational support for future features. This update was released on May 23, 2016 and was automatically installed.
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware adds support for controlling Sonos speakers. This update was released January 6, 2016 and was automatically installed.
Added support to control up to four Sonos speakers from the Insteon app. Configure Insteon Wall Keypads, Switches, Mini Remotes and more to control Sonos speaker functions including play, pause, volume, presets and more.
Learn More about Sonos Support →
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware includes a bug fix for push notifications and email alerts. This update was released September 17, 2015 and was automatically installed.
- Fixed an issue where a push notification or email alert might not be sent if Insteon Hub had been idle for more than 50 minutes
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware improves connection reliability with Insteon servers. This update was released August 24, 2015 and was automatically installed.
- Improved the error handling when Insteon Hub is unable to connect to Insteon Servers. Insteon Hub now attempts to reconnect every 10 minutes for an hour and, if the reconnection attempts were unsuccessful, will then automatically power cycle
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware includes bug fixes and stability improvements. This update was released May 18, 2015 and was automatically installed.
- Added a feature that allows new Insteon Hubs to be setup from any network, not just the local WiFi network
- Improved diagnostics features for when Insteon Hub cannot connect to the Internet or Insteon Servers
- Improved Insteon messaging
- Improved the reliability in connecting to Insteon Servers
- Resolved some issues concerning intra-device communication
- Resolved an issue that might cause Insteon Hub to factory reset upon power cycle
- Changed beep patterns for factory reset: Hub now beeps once when factory reset starts and double-beeps when it is finished.
- Changed Network Reset from 10 set button taps to 3 set button taps
- Fixed an issue where the primary LED colors would become reversed after removing a device
This version of the Insteon Hub firmware primarily includes bug fixes and stability improvements. The update was released May 7, 2015 and was automatically installed.
- Fixed several backend messaging issues
- Fixed an issue where location and House Name would reset to default values on reboot
- Added feature that expands the types of alerts that can be sent
- Moved DST time change to approx. 2AM from approx. 1AM
- Fixed an issue where a device being added might be read as the wrong device type
- Fixed unresponsiveness when reading or setting device properties
- Removed some duplicate alerts
- Improved reliability on busy Insteon networks
- Fixed an issue where schedules wouldn’t fire on Sundays or Mondays between 12:00AM and approximately 12:30AM
- Added some features to improve the speed of adding new devices and creating scenes