With Insteon+, guests and family members can control your home from their iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Setup requires your guest have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later and a valid AppleID.
Add a Guest
In Insteon+, navigate to settings and tap the home for which you would like to share access.
Tap Add a Guest
Enter your guest's AppleID and tap Add User.
On the guest user's iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, tap Accept. To control devices, your guest will also need to download Insteon+ or another HomeKit-compatible app from the App Store.
Basic Troubleshooting for Guest Access
- Ensure both you and your guest are connected to the internet when adding a guest user.
- Make sure your guest has a valid AppleID. If not, have them create one using their email address. Your guest must be signed into their iCloud account on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to receive the HomeKit Invitation.
- Your guest must respond to the guest invitation quickly. If several minutes have elapsed and your guest has not acknowledged your invitation, you may be presented with a message informing you that your guest declined your invitation.
- Ensure your guest is running the latest version of iOS by checking for Software Updates under Settings.
- If iCloud Keychain is disabled on your guest's iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, try turning it on.