Follow the steps in this article to configure your Insteon Wi-Fi Camera for remote access. If the steps in this article do not match your specific router, consult your router's documentation.
On your computer, open a browser and enter your router's IP address in the address bar. This address may be called Router IP Address or Default Gateway IP Address. If you do not know this information, follow the steps in this article to identify your router's IP address.
You may see a log-in screen. Enter your router's user name and password. If you have never changed the password, try using the following:
- User name: "admin"
- Password: "admin"
Click OK to log in.
On the left sidebar, click NAT Setting.
Click Virtual Server which has appeared beneath NAT Setting.
In the page that appears, enter the following information. The Local IP Address is the IP address of your Insteon Wi-Fi Camera.
- Enable Virtual Server: Yes
- Well-Known Applications: User Defined
- Port Range: 25106 (This should match the port given to your camera during camera setup)
- Local IP: Enter your Camera's IP Address
- Local Port Range 25106 (This should match the port given to your camera during setup)
- Protocol: Both
- Description: Your Camera's Name
When ready, press Finish at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Test your connection by turning off Wi-Fi on your smartphone or tablet and attempt to control your WI-Fi Camera. If you can control your camera when on a cellular connection, then everything has been successfully configured.