Location: Irvine, CA
Insteon is seeking a Test Engineer to work in our fast-paced, high-energy hardware and software development environment. We are looking for a motivated, dynamic individual with experience designing, writing, maintaining, and executing clear and comprehensive tests to join our team.
We are an Irvine-based consumer electronics company that is the leader in the Home Automation space. The software team creates applications that provide the interface to those devices through different communication layers. The right candidate will have experience in designing and writing test cases, maintaining up-to-date test procedures, as well as executing manual tests.
- Design in-depth test cases to ensure specified product functionality and uncover bugs and issues
- Automate test cases using tools such as Python, Docklight, Ruby
- Verify test coverage
- Validate reported bugs and provide clear documentation and reproducibility information to responsible engineer
- Execute various hardware specification engineering tests (lifecycle/endurance testing)
- Write and maintain developer-facing documentation of low-level firmware functionality
- Educate other staff on best practices for testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required
- Test Design and test case writing experience (user story experience a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of Python or other OO scripting language
- Familiarity with interfacing to third party APIs
- Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excel in a task-driven environment, prioritize workload, and work independently
- Must be a good communicator, a team player, and demonstrate analytical thinking
- Experience in MS Excel and other Office application
- Previous experience with Issue Tracking applications (such as JIRA)
- Previous experience with consumer electronics (especially embedded devices and home automation devices)
- Docklight experience
- Experience with hardware debugging and firmware tools such as MPLab
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix
Send your resume to email@example.com in addition to your salary history and we'll get back to you ASAP.
Insteon is an equal opportunity employer.