Location: Seattle, WA
Insteon is seeking an innovative Mobile UI Engineer with strong design skills with an emphasis on implementation of UI and UX in mobile applications. Our ideal candidate would be a compulsive problem-solver with excellent visualization, collaboration, and communication skills with a strong web development background, both on mobile and desktop.
The Mobile UI Engineer will be responsible for using web-based technologies, such as React Native, to implement UX wireframes and create a clean, performant, and intuitive UI for mobile applications. Our team has a passion for high-tech products and we would expect the same passion of any applicants.
Things that will resonate with the right person for this job include:
- A passion for technology - but not for technology’s sake. To bridge the gap between a product and a product page, this candidate should care about the human aspect of a product; how will it improve or enrich their life again and again.
- A communicative personality. Everyone has a personality but the ability to express personality extra-personally is what matters here. Candidates will be producing content that represents the company at large and their ability to convey a story without reading as dry, fact-based or uninspired narration should not be underestimated.
- An “I don't know, let's find out” mindset - We don't expect you to have all the answers but we do expect you to be willing and able to learn. You should be able to proactively overcome an obstacle using the resources available and not twiddle your thumbs until someone comes to your rescue.
- Work with product owners and UX designers to help collaborate and iterate on UI and UX designs in an agile environment.
- Use web-based technologies, such as React Native, to implement UI and UX into mobile applications.
- Work alongside other engineers to ensure our mobile applications are fully functional.
- Ensure a consistent experience across Android, iOS, and additional platforms, helping to make Insteon products easy to learn, use, and enjoy.
- 3+ years of developing compelling UI’s, preferably for web and/or native mobile applications.
- Familiarity with the latest design trends specific to each platform, such as Android and iOS.
- A proven portfolio of past successes in UI implementation on web or native mobile.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays
- Online Benefits Management
- Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
- Significant employee discounts
- FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
To apply for this position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line: "Mobile UI Engineer"
- Convert your resume into MS Word or PDF format ONLY
- Availability day/times for interview and when you could start work
- Salary history for last 2 jobs and your expected salary requirement
- Have an app in the App Store? Got Git Hub? Tell us, we would love to see your work!
Insteon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters or out of area candidates, please do not respond
No phone calls please