Location: Seattle, WA
Insteon is seeking an innovative Senior Backend Engineer with strong architecture, development, and leadership skills. Our ideal candidate would be a compulsive problem-solver with excellent visualization, collaboration, and communication skills with a strong background in development of large-scale systems.
The Senior Backend Engineer will be responsible for system design and implementation of high-quality, performant systems that power Insteon products. Our team has a passion for high-tech products and we would expect the same passion of any applicants.
Things that will resonate with the right person for this job include:
- A passion for technology - but not for technology’s sake. To bridge the gap between a product and a product page, this candidate should care about the human aspect of a product; how will it improve or enrich their life again and again.
- A communicative personality. Everyone has a personality but the ability to express personality extra-personally is what matters here. Candidates will be producing content that represents the company at large and their ability to convey a story without reading as dry, fact-based or uninspired narration should not be underestimated.
- An “I don't know, let's find out” mindset - We don't expect you to have all the answers but we do expect you to be willing and able to learn. You should be able to proactively overcome an obstacle using the resources available and not twiddle your thumbs until someone comes to your rescue.
- Work with product owners and engineers to design and architect backend systems that power Insteon products.
- Assist with the implementation of backend architecture.
- Provide leadership that can help push Insteon products to the next level. The ideal candidate will not wait to be told what to do or how to do it, but will be a thought leader.
- Improve performance of existing and new backend systems.
- Improve third-party integrations with Insteon products, such as Amazon Alexa integration.
- Develop in an agile environment.
- Support production issues as necessary.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years development experience delivering highly scalable and performant services.
- Fluency in Java or an equivalent language.
- Strong system design skills and implementation abilities.
- Experience with highly-available system design and implementation.
- A proven history of successful product delivery.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance, AD&D & LTD
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays
- Online Benefits Management
- Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
- Significant employee discounts
- FSA Flexible Spending Account (healthcare and childcare)
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
To apply for this position:
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject line: "Senior Backend Engineer"
- Convert your resume into MS Word or PDF format ONLY
- Availability day/times for interview and when you could start work
- Your expected salary requirement
- Have an app in the App Store? Got Git Hub? Tell us, we would love to see your work!
Insteon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters or out of area candidates, please do not respond
No phone calls please