Shining a Light on Form and Function, Connected PAR38 Bulb Saves Energy, Lasts Longer than Other Bulbs and Can Be Controlled Via Smartphone
February 19, 2014
IRVINE, Calif. - Insteon, creators of the best-selling home automation and control technology, today announced the Insteon® LED Bulb for Recessed Lights, the latest addition in a line of award-winning, energy-efficient LED bulbs. Designed with the energy-conscious, connected home enthusiast in mind, the PAR38 recessed can light easily connects to the full range of Insteon products, allowing consumers to create a customized wireless network that doesn’t require replacing a light switch.
The Insteon PAR38 LED bulb is:
- Remote Controlled: Insteon makes it easy to control your light bulb using wall switches, keypads, wireless mini remotes, and even your smartphone – when used with the Insteon Hub
- Energy Efficient: Using a mere 12W of electricity, every LED bulb is as bright as a 60W incandescent light while using just 13% the electricity, conserving energy and saving money
- Less Waste: Insteon’s LED bulbs last approximately 52,000 hours – it would take over 50 traditional light bulbs to match the lifespan of just one Insteon LED bulb
- Dimmable: The move to energy-efficient bulbs like CFLs and LEDs has generally meant that lights can no longer dim, but Insteon’s LED bulb was designed for dimming, allowing the user to fully brighten and dim
- Customizable: The Insteon LED bulbs communicate wirelessly, enabling users to customize the On Level and Ramp Rate of every LED bulb and even create custom lighting scenes
- On Level – Sometimes you just don't need the full brightness of a light bulb; instead, customize the preset brightness to which your LED bulb turns on from 1% to 100% - your choice
- Ramp Rate – Allows the user to decide how long it takes for the LED bulb to turn on or off with durations of instant to eight minutes
Scenes – Scenes let users link together all of your lights (and appliances) to create dramatic moods or efficient groupings based on the user’s needs. Select and change scenes with the touch of a button
- Wireless, Dual-Band Technology: Every Insteon LED bulb uses dual-band Insteon technology, taking full advantage of both the existing power lines in your home and the airwaves throughout for the most reliable communication. No matter how remote the light fixture, inside or outside the home, Insteon signals will reach it.
With its simple installation, setup process and trustworthy communication, Insteon has become the industry’s premier remote control networking technology. Plug-in devices and in-wall switches make it possible to add wireless control to any light or appliance in a home or business without having to hire a contractor. By making every networked device talk to each other via radio frequencies and existing electrical wiring, Insteon eliminates the need for custom wiring and ensures that every device is always connected.
The bulb retails for $49.99 and can be purchased online at Smarthome.com, Amazon.com, as well as other retailers. For more information on the line of Insteon bulbs, visit www.insteon.com.
Developed in Irvine, California, the award-winning Insteon remote control product line includes more than 200 devices, from lamp dimmers to thermostats and LED bulbs. Insteon delivers the fastest, most reliable wireless device communication in the industry with its innovative dual-band and simulcast mesh technology, creating the optimum platform for the coming Internet of Things. Insteon products are available throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as internationally. For more information about Insteon®, please visit www.insteon.com, or connect with Insteon on Facebook (www.facebook.com/insteon) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/insteon).
Mike Kilroy or Valerie Christopherson
Global Results Comms (GRC)
+1 949 689 9550 (ph)