With the Insteon App on Apple Watch, control and monitoring of your home has never been so easy. Due to the nature of interacting with Apple Watch, the Insteon App on Apple Watch has a reduced feature set compared to the Insteon App for iPhone, iPad an iPod touch.
For a detailed list of supported devices, see this article.
- Control dimmable devices including LED Bulbs, Wall Switches, Plug-in Devices and more
- Control on/off devices including On/Off Modules, Wall Outlets, and more
- Control of ceiling fans including fan speed and light brightness
- Control of thermostat mode
- Control of door locks
- Control and monitoring of I/O Modules
- Monitoring of SD and HD WiFi Cameras
- Monitoring of sensors
To take advantage of the Insteon App on Apple Watch, several accessories are required.
- Insteon Hub (2012) or Insteon Hub (2014) with at least one Insteon device
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6+ running the latest version of iOS.
- Apple Watch
- Status is currently only displayed for sensors. Other devices do not show their current state from the Insteon App on Apple Watch.
- Thermostat control is limited to thermostat mode only. Changing the set points or toggling a whole house fan is currently unavailable in the Insteon App on Apple Watch.
- Camera monitoring is limited to roughly 1 frame every 2 seconds, assuming ideal networking conditions. Pan and tilt control and two-way audio is unavailable in the Insteon App on Apple Watch.
- All configuration of your home must take place on and iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android device or Windows device. The Insteon App on Apple Watch uses your home's existing configuration including any favorites, scenes and devices.
- Push notifications on Apple Watch require an Insteon device be configured for push notifications using the Insteon for Hub app on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Use of the Insteon App on Apple Watch requires your iPhone to be connected and within range of your Apple Watch.
The Insteon App on Apple Watch features full support for VoiceOver on Apple Watch. Visually-impaired users can use VoiceOver to read aloud the status of their home's sensors and control all supported devices from Apple Watch. To use VoiceOver, navigate to Accessibility from the Apple Watch Companion app on your iPhone.