Updating the firmware on Insteon Hub Pro can add new features, fix bugs and enhance security. Follow the steps in this article to update your firmware.
Update Insteon Hub Pro Firmware
Ensure your iPhone or iPod touch is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Insteon Hub Pro.
Tap Edit Devices
Select your Insteon Hub from the list of devices.
Tap Check for Updates
If an update is available, tap Update to update your Insteon Hub's firmware. Updates usually take about a minute.
Your Hub Pro will go offline for about 30 seconds.
Hub Pro will download and install the update.
If updating to version 1.0.5 or earlier, follow the on-screen instructions to restart Hub Pro.
If updating to version 1.0.6 or later, ignore the on-screen instructions to restart Hub Pro and instead quit and relaunch Insteon+.
Some firmware updates unlock additional updates. It's important to repeat the update process until no updates remain.
- Confirm that your internet router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power and turned on. Learn how to Identify your router and cable or DSL modem.
- Try restarting your Insteon Hub Pro by unplugging its power cord. Wait about 30 seconds and then reconnect your Hub to power.
- Try restarting your router and cable or DSL modem.
- Check that your internet connection is working by attempting to browse to a website using another device or computer in your home.
- If you don't see the Check for Updates button, ensure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is connected to the same network as your Insteon Hub Pro. This button will not appear when you are away from home.
- If you are on the same Wi-Fi network and you still don't see the Check for Updates button, power cycle your Hub Pro by unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds. It takes about two minutes for Hub Pro to completely restart.
- Ensure that Hub Pro is powered on and that the ethernet cable is firmly seated. It may be helpful to unplug and reinsert the ethernet cable. To verify that Hub Pro has a valid IP address, visit this page and click on the large IP address listed for Hub Pro.
- If you see a blank white page, Hub Pro is online. If you receive an error message from your browser, Hub Pro is not online and should be unplugged from power to be restarted. Each restart takes about two minutes.
- If after three restarts, your Hub Pro does not appear on your network, contact Insteon Support and reference the steps in this support article.