When configuring an Insteon Wi-Fi Camera, you may occasionally encounter a message informing you that something went wrong while configuring the camera password. There are several reasons why this may occur.
- The password was shorter than 1 character or longer than 12 characters
- The password included characters other than numbers and letters
- The password included spaces
The Insteon app should properly restrict entry of passwords such that they do not contain any unsupported or invalid characters. If you are unable to resolve the password following the restrictions above, you can tap Leave Blank to proceed without a camera password. After setup is complete, you can change the password from Edit Camera.
Changing the Camera Password from Edit Camera
From Edit Camera, scroll down to Network Settings and tap Password
Replace the blank password with your desired camera password. Ensure your password meets the following criteria:
- Between 1 and 12 characters long
- Letters and numbers only
- No spaces
- Case sensitive
The Insteon app will update your camera's password and attempt to reconnect.
If, after changing your camera's password, the Insteon app is unable to connect to your camera, attempt setup of your camera again.
- Navigate to Edit Camera, scroll to the bottom and tap Delete Camera
- Add a Device and choose Camera
- In the list of cameras, your camera should appear as already configured
- Enter the user name and new password chosen in step 2 above. If you receive an error informing you that the user name or password is incorrect, try using a blank password as it's possible the camera password was not updated.
- If you are still unable to connect to your camera, follow the steps in this article to factory reset your camera and start again.