HouseLinc for Windows has been discontinued. No further software updates will be made available. Periodically, Insteon may update the HouseLinc Device Definitions XML file to provide compatibility with new firmware revisions of existing products.
- Insteon Modem (2413U, 2413S, 2242-222, 2412N)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- 15MB of disk space
- 128MB of system memory
- For timers, schedules and events, your PC must remain powered on
Microsoft .NET Framework
HouseLinc requires the Microsoft .NET framework. Download the latest .NET framework.
Device Definition Files
To update the SmartLinc .bin file:
- Choose your .bin file (see below) and save it to your desktop
- Connect to SmartLinc through your browser
- Click Settings (the wrench icon)
- Click Change Application Version
- Click Browse and select the .bin file
- Click Upload
A confirmation screen will say "MPFS Update Successful"
- Click Site Main Page to continue
SmartLinc for Hardware Rev 1.0 - 1.2
SmartLinc for Hardware Rev 2.0+
NOTE: By default, SmartLinc allows you to populate up to 15 rooms. If using the SmartLinc .bin file with iMeter Solo support, SmartLinc will only support population of up to 14 rooms. If you are currently using room 15, please be sure to move those devices/scenes to another room before you update your .bin file.