Use this article to understand the currently supported features and current limitations of Sonos Player integration.
- Control play, pause, volume, and tracks for a Sonos Player from an Insteon Keypad, Mini Remote or Wall Switch
- Trigger a Sonos preset from an Insteon Keypad, Mini Remote or Wall Switch
Controlling a Sonos Player from an Insteon device requires creating a scene. Learn more about creating a scene by viewing this article.
- App support is only available on iOS.
- A maximum of four Sonos Players can be added to the Insteon app.
- Only one Sonos Player can be a member of a scene.
- At this time, you are unable to edit Sonos Player functions from within a scene. If you wish to change a Sonos function after a scene has been created, delete the scene and re-create the scene with your desired changes.
- At this time, Insteon app-learned presets do not work with all possible Sonos sources. The following sources have been tested and are known to function:
- Amazon Music Stations
- Apple Music Radio
- Google Play Music Stations
- Pandora Stations
- To facilitate preset playback from an Insteon device, the Insteon app lets you learn source presets. Configuring these playlists is done from within the Insteon app when editing a Sonos Player settings.
- You can learn up to ten Insteon app Sonos presets
- These presets are shared among all configured Sonos Players
- Insteon has tested Sonos support with the following Sonos Players:
- Sonos Play:1
- Sonos Play:3
- Sonos Play:5
- Sonos Connect:Amp (ZP series)
- Other Sonos Players may work but have not been tested by Insteon
- If your Sonos Players or your router are disconnected from power, it may take up to two minutes before your Sonos Players are rediscovered by the Insteon Hub.