If your Insteon Hub (2245-222) is not functioning properly, you can restore your Insteon Hub to the last known-good firmware version. Only attempt this procedure if you have exhausted all other troubleshooting steps or if instructed to do so by Insteon Support.
Backup your Home's Configuration
Before you begin, make note of your home's devices, rooms, scenes and schedules; restoring your Insteon Hub's firmware may result in loss of your home's configuration.
If you have a substantial number of Insteon devices or many of your devices are in difficult-to-reach locations, Insteon Support can assist and provide you with a list of your devices' names and Insteon IDs. Send a request to email@example.com and be sure to include your Hub's Insteon ID and MAC Address. Please allow up to 72 hours for Insteon Support to process your Insteon device list request.
Restore Insteon Hub Firmware
- Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
- Press and hold set button on the rear of Insteon Hub while reconnecting power
- The moment Insteon Hub begins to beep, release the set button
- Tap the set button five times. Insteon Hub will beep rapidly and begin the firmware restore process.
- After three minutes, disconnect Insteon Hub from power. Wait 10 seconds and then reconnect power.
- Insteon Hub will automatically re-update its firmware at 2AM. You can manually update firmware from the Insteon app by tapping Update Hub from Edit House in Settings.